Monday, September 8, 2008

One Hell of an Ending



Watchmen is a very intriguing graphic novel. We were told to read the first two chapters of the novel for Mondays class, but i was so caught up in the reading I read the whole thing this weekend. I have to say i liked "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller alot better than this one. I think that is just because i like the way Frank Miller lays things out. Watchmen is a little slower read, but the differences between the two are very interesting. I think watchmen makes up for the slow start with one hell of an ending though.

*Jake

3 comments:

Kristopher said...

I have to agree "Watchmen" had an awesome, mind shattering ending...I read the graphic novel over the summer, for I ordered it online.

According to one of the creators, Alan Moore, "Watchmen" is supposed to be read multiple times. There will be a lot of "Oh yeah! That's why!" moments upon a second (or even third) reading!

- Kristopher

~Becky~ said...

I would have to agree that I like the way Miller lays out Batman. I also agree that Watchmen is a slow read. It's good, but I just don't think it has anywhere near the feeling of Batman.

candibabe said...

Hey this is Candace, I agree that watchmen is a slower read, but I still really like it. I was so drawn into it I read the entire thing in two days. I have to admit that I didnt see that ending coming. It seemed to 'all of a sudden' for me.